Air ducts are the veins of your house. They deliver vital heating and cooling to every room. It’s great for hot summer days, or cool winter nights, but they’re also big empty cavities in your ceilings and walls that are extremely hard to clean.
Inside Your Ducts
If you could crack open your air ducts, these are just a few of the things you might find inside:
- Water damage.
- Mold, mildew, slime, or other microbial growth.
- Debris build-up, including dust, cobwebs or dead rodents!
- Insect or animal dens.
- Odors you’re just not sure you can identify.
- Pollen and other allergens.
Higher Energy Costs
You’re not often forced to look inside your ducts, so you may not know how dirty they actually are. In some cases, ducts are so dirty that they’re actually restricting up to 40% of airflow! This means the heating and cooling unit has to run longer to achieve the same temperature.
Cleaning is Quick and Easy
Cleaning your ducts is actually not that different from vacuuming your floor. The only difference is that the equipment and techniques used are specially designed to keep the dirt and potentially dangerous pollen, animals, and mildew from spreading around your home.
It’s not exactly a DIY job. Without the right equipment, you’re probably just spreading the mess around without actually removing it. Specially trained technicians will also be able to spot why your ducts are so dirty in the first place and help solve the problem.
How You Can Help
There are a few things you can do to reduce the dirt in your ducts:
- Change your air filter.
- Schedule annual maintenance and cleaning.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices to reduce contaminants.
- Keep air intakes clear and ensure they’re located in appropriate places.
- Have your ductwork regularly inspected.
Advanced Air Quality will make quick work of cleaning your dryer vents and ducts. Give us a call for a free quote today – (613) 831 – 9695